PPC Code of Ethics
I, as a requirement for admission to and retention of membership and participation in Professional Photographers of California Inc., agree to strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skill of professional photography, marketing and related areas. In all my dealings with users of photography and the general public, I will:
- Strive to present all photographic services in surroundings and in a manner that reflects the highest levels of professionalism.
- I will deal with all users of photography and the general public with honesty and integrity.
- I will not knowingly use any marketing or competitive practice which violate any Federal Trade Commission, or other Federal or State regulatory agency fuel or regulation, or Federal or State statue or decision of any Federal or State Court.
- In all dealing with fellow professional photographers, students and others who aspire to be professional photographers, I shall share the knowledge and skill of professional photography.
- Support efforts for and assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.
- I will in the event that I am no longer a member, immediately cease reference to membership in Professional Photographers of California, Inc. and display of the logo in connection with my business activities.
- I agree to recognize the authority of Professional Photographers of California in matters related to the interpretation of the Code.
PPC’s Code of Ethics is enforced by the Bylaws, Rules and Ethics (BRE) Committee, which is composed of PPC members. One of the BRE Committee’s responsibilities is to conduct preliminary investigations and due process hearings as necessary for referred matters regarding perceived violations of the Code of Ethics.
Have a Complaint?
Ethics complaints may only be filed against current members of PPC, so to inquire about the photographer’s membership status, please contact PPC’s Business Office: 800-439-5839 or email@example.com. To file a complaint against a PPC member please refer to the following documents:
Due Process Procedures (coming)
Complaint Filing Form (coming)